Food & agriculture
Singapore has deep expertise in biotech and precision engineering, capabilities in plant sciences and farming systems, and strong intellectual property protection. In addition, it is where regional headquarters of major multinational corporations in the food and agriculture sector are located. All these provide a foundation for LEVEL3 to create greater awareness, support, and grow the Southeast Asian AgriTech ecosystem.
LEVEL3 is the base for the Asia Pacific Agri-food Alliance (APAA), an industry initiative to grow entrepreneurship in this sector. The emergence of AgriTech is driven by a focus in food security in the region, an acknowledgement that Asia will need to better leverage tech and data for sustainable agriculture.
How might AgriTech and data improve the connectivity, productivity, and livelihoods of smallholder farmers across Southeast Asia?
Supporting UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Reduced inequalities
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Life below water
- Life on land
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Partners for the goals
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Good health and well-being
- Quality education
- Gender equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure