Opening progressively from 2023, Punggol Digital District (PDD) will be Singapore’s first ‘Enterprise District’ - a new learning and economic hub that will feature shared spaces between industry and academia, creating opportunities for collaboration and open innovation.
Beyond serving the functional needs of the workers, students, and residents, how do we create a unique experience for learning, working, and living in PDD?
The Punggol Digital District Hackathon (31 August-1 September) is your opportunity to not only imagine but also help shape the digital district of the future. We're looking for innovative solutions to reinvent the way we learn, work, and live. Consult with expert mentors, prototype your solution, and pitch to a panel of government and industry leaders to win from a prize pool of $16,000!
1. Learn x Work: How might we create opportunities for SIT students to apply their learning and experiment with adjacent businesses, and thus participate more actively in the new digital economy? How might we design new ways for people to exchange knowledge and expertise?
2. Learn x Live: How might we support different forms of learning in and outside the classroom? How might visitors utilise spaces and services within the SIT campus and contribute to the learning environment for all?
3. Work x Live: How might we promote the well-being of the PDD workforce, so they can do their everyday activities more conveniently and in ways that are healthier and more meaningful? How might we support new types of work arrangements, particularly for Punggol residents in PDD?
- Introduction to the PDD Hackathon
- Recap of challenge statements & hackathon process
- Idea pitching & team formation
- Work time
- Mentor consultations
- Pitch practice clinics
- Final presentations
- Judges' deliberations
- Results announcement
- Prize ceremony
Join us at the Punggol Digital District Hackathon to co-create solutions to invent the future, together.
If you have any questions, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.