As part of the Makanpreneur accelerator program run by UNFRAMED, the Makanpreneur Events are run monthly from Jan to Mar 2018, aimed at building a cross-sector ecosystem around food sustainability and innovation.
Ever wondered where your food comes from, and how sustainable it is? Don't miss this chance to hear from our expert panelists (including FoodXervices and more!) as they share insights, trends, and opportunities about Singapore's food industry.
Take advantage of this opportunity to engage in a panel discussion and Q&A with the experts to improve your understanding of the trends, challenges and opportunities in the sprouting food sustainability scene.
Furthermore, look forward to mingle with like minded participants from our Makanpreneur Programme, who are working on their own food-related initatives, and perhaps even trigger potential collaborations to make a bigger food sustainability impact.
Who should join?
- Aspiring or current entrepreneurs working with food-related initiatives.
- Anyone or even professionals with an interest in making a social impact through food-related ideas.
What you will gain:
- Insights on trends, challenges, opportunities and key players in Singapore's food industry.
- Understanding the different viewpoints from various players in the food value chain.
- Learn about ongoing food sustainability initiatives such as Makanpreneur and the start-ups involved.
- Networking and collaboration opportunities with like minded individuals.
- Arrival & Introduction
- Sharing by Panelists on Singapore's food industry
- Panel Discussion and Q&A
- Open Networking with light refreshments
About the Panel:
NICHOL NG, Managing Director, FoodXervices Inc Co-founder, The Food Bank Singapore
Managing Director of FoodXervices Inc Pte Ltd, a leading food distributor in Singapore, and three other sister companies GroXers Inc Pte Ltd, PlotX Inc Pte Ltd and LogiXtics Inc Pte Ltd. In 2012, Nichol co-founded The Food Bank Singapore, which aims to be the prevailing centralised coordinating organisation for all food donations.
DARREN HO, Head of Partners, Citizen Farm
Head of Partners at Citizen Farm, a collective of farmers sharing a vision of bringing community and agriculture together for Singaporeans. Citizen Farm is a closed-loop urban farming system that integrates natural systems with modern technology, and a more robust and sustainable urban farming model for the world.
JERRY LIM, COO (Restaurant Ops), JP Pepperdine Group
Chief Operating Officer at JP Pepperdine Group, which manages brands such as Eatzi Gourmet, Restaurant Hoshigaoka, Kkongdon Barbeque, and Jack’s Place. Jerry spearheaed the revamp of Jack's Place from 2015 which included redesigns ranging from decor to menus, ensuring the brand remains modern and competitive.