Launching a product that already has success elsewhere and which is new to Singapore seems to be a safe bet. But is it? General market trends, consumer needs, distribution structures or even the first mover advantage may turn out to work differently.
This event will help you to design an effective strategy for launching innovative products in Singapore. Crucial steps toward successfully executing this strategy will be discussed by high-profile speakers: Erik Ligtenberg (Chief Commercial Officer Lazada), Tony Nash (regular contributor to CNBC, Bloomberg and BBC World) and Minos van Joolingen (heads the team of a leading law firm in EU & Competition law in the legal500 ranking). This event will be organised at LEVEL3 of the UnileverFoundry.
In addition to a presentation of aforementioned high-profile speakers, a unique customized knowledge tool will be provided to guide you step-by-step through to process of launching your product in Singapore. Participants can, therefore, expect to walk away with valuable learnings. Roundtable sessions with the speakers will follow to facilitate group discussions in smaller settings and give you the opportunity to discuss your business case.
Tony Nash – Data Analytics for economics, markets and risks
Tony Nash is the Founder and CEO at data analytics firm Complete Intelligence. As a global market innovator and thought leader on economics, risk and industries, Tony is a frequent public speaker and a facilitator of strategic discussions with business and government leaders. He is a regular contributor to leading global media, including CNBC, Bloomberg, BBC World and Al Jazeera.
Minos van Joolingen – Specialist in international distribution strategies
Minos advises Dutch and foreign companies on a legal and strategic level concerning cross-border expansion of their activities. The underlying business opportunities and issues, including the potential growth and investments, from the starting point of any decision to expand internationally. Minos assists in the setup of a sound distribution structure that supports the business strategy and international objectives of his clients.
Erik Ligtenberg – B2C eCommerce specialist
Erik is Chief Commercial Officer at online shopping platform Lazada Singapore, under Alibaba Group. He works with major global brands, offline retailers and businesses, as well as new overseas brands setting up base in Singapore, to facilitate them in selling directly to consumers online, leveraging the fast-expanding eCommerce ecosystem.
18.30 - 19.00 Registration
19.00 - 19.15 Opening
19.15 - 19.35 Speaker 1: Tony Nash – Data Analytics for economics, markets and risks
19.35 - 19.55 Speaker 2: Minos van Joolingen – Specialist in international distribution strategies
19.55 - 20.15 Speaker 3: Erik Ligtenberg – B2C eCommerce specialist
20.15 - 20.20 Introduction of round table discussions and break
20.25 - 21.15 Round table discussions
21.15 - 21.20 Introduction of event #8
21.20 - 22.00 Networking drinks
- LEVEL3, DutchCham and ADB members: 25 SGD
- Non-members: 35 SGD
No shows will be billed. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Please note that pictures will be taken and could be used for publication.
Startup & SME Academy:
The goal of the Startup & SME Academy is to provide relevant content and peer-to-peer knowledge sharing for Dutch professionals that are part of the Startup and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) community in Singapore and for local stakeholders keen on working together with Dutch Startups and SME’s.
The Startup & SME Academy is meant for:
- Dutch founders, co-founders and employees of startups and SMEs in Singapore.
- In particular, our events are interesting for those who are currently in one of the following lifecycle stages: feasibility, market validation or growth.
- Dutch and Singaporean angel investors, seed investors and venture capitalists.
- Members of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Association of Dutch Businesspeople have priority over non-members.
- People who are considering either working for a startup or for a corporate are recommended to attend regular events organised by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Association of Dutch Business people.
The committee of the Startup & SME Academy reserves the right to make a selection from the subscribers at its sole discretion. The amount which has been paid shall be refunded to subscribers who are not selected for this event.
- The Startup & SME Academy does not provide ticket fee (incl. Eventbrite costs) refunds.
- In case you send us a cancelation request no later than 7 days prior to an event, the Startup & SME Academy will offer you the possibility to attend the next event.
- In case you send us a cancelation request within 7 days prior to an event, no compensation is available.
- Should an event be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, the Startup & SME Academy will endeavour to process a full refund.