In Singapore, Business Travel and Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conventions and Exhibitions (BTMICE) accounts for 15-18% of visitor arrivals. On average, a BTMICE traveller spends about 1.7 times more than a leisure visitor.
These visitors want experiences that stand out and service providers have to deliver, while still maintaining quality and efficiency. To uphold Singapore's status as a top destination for business events, they are looking for startups that have innovative solutions for the MICE industry to enhance their capabilities to create great events and deliver better experiences.
The STB Tourism Innovation Challenge for MICE invites startups with innovative tech-enabled solutions to collaborate with MICE industry players, and help them deliver better experiences efficiently.
Join us at the Launch Day (7 September) to see what's in store for you at the Challenge! Uncover exciting new business opportunities with event owners and management services such as the Professional Exhibition Organisers, Professional Conference Organisers and supporting industries from the venues and booth stand contractors.
A. Designing engaging, world-class events
1. Spot trends for event content: How might we surface and track trends, so that industry can curate more sought after and forward thinking content more effectively?
2. Engage freelancers for event design and planning: How might we enable skilled freelancers to discover opportunities and build knowledge and portfolio within the MICE industry?
B. Deliver engaging attendee experiences
3. Enhance customer relationship management: How might we collect, manage, and analyse customers’ information to better understand their expectations and needs, to in turn retain their interest for future events?
4. Improve event experience: How might we provide personalised recommendations to each delegate, based on a deeper understanding of their objectives in attending the event, so that they get the most of the experience, during the event?
C. Tracking people movement and waste
5. Track event delegates: How might we pinpoint the location of VIPs or special guests, so that it is more efficient and less manpower intensive to manage them at the event?
6. Track vehicle fleet: How might we track or pinpoint the location of vehicles ferrying delegates, so that the event planners can respond to delays and adjust the programme on-the-fly?
7. Track waste from events: How might we enable stakeholders in the event value chain - EOs, venues, and BSCs - to measure and account for waste generated at each event, so they can develop an appropriate plan to reduce waste?
If you have any questions, do write in to email@example.com